Asian snack food brand Cafe Asia is launching ten lines into fully branded and dedicated freezers at 500 Iceland stores in November 2015. Iceland originally trialled Cafe Asia’s authentic frozen snacks in six of its megastore Food Warehouses back in May. Sales were so good that within two weeks Iceland and Cafe Asia were discussing a national roll-out.
Trading for over 30 years, Cafe Asia is a family-run business producing authentic frozen Asian snack food products with a contemporary twist. Every product uses real herbs and spices and fresh ingredients, with no artificial additions. Ingredients are carefully sourced and quality is regularly benchmarked to ensure unique and delicious handmade, home-style snacks that meet Cafe Asia’s exacting standards.
Cafe Asia’s fresh, authentic and delicious flavours are a perfect fit for Iceland as the brand continues to reposition itself in the marketplace. Nigel Broadhurst, joint Managing Director of Iceland Foods Limited explains: “We originally trialled the Cafe Asia range in our warehouse stores. This trial has gone really well and I’m delighted to say we are rolling the range into a further 500 of our core stores. The Cafe Asia range brings something very different to Iceland; the quality is great and the value for money outstanding.”
Amit Bhavsar, Managing Director at Cafe Asia adds: “We focus on new product development and a commitment to an ever-expanding range of authentic Asian products accessible to a Western audience. Iceland buyers look for fresh, exciting products and we are delighted to fit the bill. Our fair prices will be popular amongst those looking for high-quality snack foods that are designed for convenience.”
You can find our full range of products here.
- Japanese food in Europe: an interview with Fiona Uyema – January 6, 2017
- What are the key snacking trends in Europe? – December 1, 2016
- French food trends: Street food, new flavours and more – September 26, 2016
- The British curry crisis: does it really exist? – August 10, 2016
- Cafe Asia’s top 10 Asian cookbooks – July 25, 2016
- The rise and rise of premium fast food, and what it means for UK caterers – June 29, 2016
- The evolution of naan: a history of India’s best loved bread – June 1, 2016
- Indian food made simple – May 25, 2016
- Cafe Asia food industry news: March 2016 – March 8, 2016
- Cafe Asia frozen Asian snacks rolled out to 500 Iceland stores – September 30, 2015